There is nothing more depressing than looking in the mirror only to find dark circles or puffy eyes staring back at you. It’s important to understand that the skin around your eyes is the thinnest skin on your entire body making it an extremely vulnerable area. Some factors that contribute to this frustrating problem include lack of sleep, poor nutrition, smoking, hereditary conditions and excessive drinking. Fortunately, by following these 5 recommendations your beauty faux pas will be fixed!
- Protect your eyes from the sun– UV rays are extremely harmful to the skin around your eyes. Applying SPF45 in addition to protective sunglasses will not only prevent dark circles but wrinkles and fine lines too.
- Eat a healthy diet- A diet rich in fruits, vegetables and protein are crucial for your skin. Foods with a high salt content cause your body to retain water a common cause of puffiness around the eyes. Carrots which are rich in vitamin A are an excellent choice for nourishing your eyes as are fruits rich in vitamin C which will improve the appearance of the skin around the eyes by thickening the eyelid dermis.
- Sleep at least 8 hours-Getting proper rest is crucial for the appearance of your eyes and will help them look much brighter and healthier in the morning.
- Treat your eyes with proper skin care-Applying cucumber slices to the eyes for about 15 minutes will help minimize puffiness. Another effective way to reduce swelling around the eyes is to soak tea bags in cold water and then apply to the eyes.
- Consider ThermiSmooth-Thermismooth face is an amazing non-surgical procedure that lifts and tightens the skin around the eyes to dramatically improve the appearance of the eyes. It is safe, painless and takes less than 30 minutes to treat the eyes. 2-3 sessions are typically required to achieve optimal results.