With Memorial Day just around the corner, we are dedicating this blog post to the 5 must-have products that should be in your beach bag. We asked the experts (our beloved doctors and estheticians) here at Skintology on what products are essential when you’re basking in the sun this weekend. Read below to see what they said:
- Sunscreen: Our #1 essential probably doesn’t come as a shock to most, since everyone knows how much we love sunscreen here at Skintology. When choosing a sunscreen, we recommend a broad spectrum SPF with UVA/UVB protection for your face and neck. Our favorite sunscreen is SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50. Not only is it water resistant, it contains zinc oxide which offers full protection against harmful rays.
- Antioxidant Serum: No sunscreen regimen is complete without applying a potent antioxidant serum to your face before the SPF. An antioxidant, such as SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic provides advanced environmental protection against UVA, UVB and infrared radiation. In addition, the Vitamin C in the serum stimulates collagen production and improves the signs of aging. This amazing product lasts up to 72 hours and cannot be washed or rubbed off—making it an excellent addition to sunscreen.
- Oil-free moisturizer: You should always have an oil-free moisturizer on hand during the summer to restore moisture to your skin after sun exposure. Oil-free moisturizers will keep your skin hydrated without looking too shiny. Our esthetician Margarita says in the summer months she recommends all her clients get Cellex-C Sea Silk Oil Free Moisturizer. This smooth moisturizer is lightweight and absorbs quickly to produce a supple, moist skin texture with a non-shine, velvety soft finish.
- Dry Shampoo: Dry Shampoo is great product for the beach. It allows you to wash your hair minus the shower. It effectively soaks up any oil and dirt, leaving your hair looking refreshed and clean. Our aestheticians recommend using a dry shampoo that contains organic ingredients.
- Water: A simple yet necessary essential for your beach bag. Make sure to drink water regularly especially when exposing your skin to the sun. It prevents dehydration as well as flushes out any toxins in your body. This is especially important if you plan to have a few cocktails over the weekend.
Is your beach bag ready for the weekend? Skintology wishes all of our clients a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!