Achieving health and optimal fitness may seem like a daunting challenge, however, by following these 5 simple habits you will be on your way to looking and feeling great by spring time!
1. Always drink 8-12 glasses of water daily-drinking water promotes an active metabolism and will help you burn more calories and more fat each day!
2. Sleep 8 hours each night-studies have indicated people who do not receive adequate sleep are 55% less likely to achieve a reduction in fat loss. Lack of sleep disrupts the body’s ability to regulate insulin and also causes fatigue which will inhibit your exercise regimen
3. Eat 5-6 small meals-By eating 5-6 small meals you will prevent overeating, speed up your metabolism and effectively regulate blood sugar levels throughout the day
4. Eat 30 grams of fiber each day-By eating fiber rich foods such as fruits and vegetables that move quickly through the digestive track reduces the risk for obesity, heart disease and diabetes
5. Incorporate 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 times each week-Cardiovascular exercise is critical for heart health and promotes stamina. Not to mention cardio will burn excess fat and even contribute to muscle gains